Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Kids Always Get The Short End Of The Stick When It Comes To Public Service

Bad service. It always happens. Just today, I went to a beauty salon. When me and my friends walked in, no one greeted us, asked us what we want, or even acknowledged the fact that we were waiting for service. So we sit there waiting for some one to come and help us, 5 minutes...10minutes...15mintues. Irritated as hell, my friend suggest that I go to the front desk and ask for some help. I stand up from the uncomfortable waiting chair and head for the front counter. A lady walks up, "How much longer will we have to wait?" I asked. 5 minutes she replies, and walks away. 5 minutes...10minutes...15minutes, I couldn't take this any longer! That's when a lady walks into the salon, at first, no worker acknowledged her, she turns to me and my friends and asks, "Is this what you do? Sit and wait?" "That's what we're doing," one of my friends reply. "Hi, how may I help you?" Unbelievable! Just because the person was an adult they get acknowledged? "I would like a pedicure," the lady answers. "Follow me this way." The lady starts following the worker, as she was walking, she turned back around towards me and my friends and gave us a look. The look read, "What is going on at this salon, you guys were in line before I was!" Though she didn't seem to mind taking our spots in line. 5 minutes... finally our turn! Kids always suffer for bad service, where's the justice in that!

1 comment:

Weirdness said...

this was great, and so true. kids do get shafted.